This is the privacy notice of Naomi Gabrielle Photography. In this document, “I”, “my”, or “me” refers to Naomi Gabrielle Photography
For reference; within this document, ‘Website’ refers to www.naomigabrielle.co.uk and any pages of this site, ‘Gallery Pages’ refers to https://gallery.naomigabrielle.co.ukand any linked galleries hosted on this site.
- This is a notice to inform you of my policy about all information that I record about you. It sets out the conditions under which I may process any information that I collect from you, or that you provide to me. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
- The use of the Internet pages of the Naomi Gabrielle Photography is possible without any indication of personal data; however, if you want to register for any of the galleries via our website, processing of personal data could become necessary for monitoring purposes.
- I take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. I understand that all visitors to my website and gallery pages are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- I undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to me, and hope that you reciprocate.
- My policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires me to tell you about your rights and my obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. I do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
- Except as set out below, I do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through my website or gallery pages.
The bases on which we process information about you
The law requires me to determine under which of six defined bases I process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which I process your personal information is no longer relevant then I shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes then if required by law I shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
1) Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you
When you create an account on my website, buy a product or service from me, or otherwise agree to my terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and I.
In order to carry out my obligations under that contract I must process the information you give me. Some of this information may be personal information.
I may use it in order to:
- verify your identity for security purposes
- sell products to you
- provide you with my services
- provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using these.
I process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
When you register or buy services from Naomi Gabrielle Photography I collect all or some of the following information; your name and job title, work email address and work telephone number as well as the name and address of the company you work for. I will always allowed you to tell me how and about what you want to be contacted. In some cases, to allow me to deliver a more relevant or specific service we collect more information about your job role, such as a specific responsibility within a more generic job role, like whether you have purchasing responsibilities. We do not and have not ever collected any information about your personal life, such as health, political opinions, or family circumstances.
Additionally, I may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor my performance with respect to a particular service I provide. If I use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable.
I shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
2) Information we process with your consent
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us; such as when you browse my website or gallery pages, ask me to provide you more information about my business (including job opportunities, my products and services) you provide your consent to me to process information that may be personal information.
Wherever possible, I aim to obtain your explicit consent to process this information.
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send me a message by e-mail to which you would reasonably expect me to reply.
Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, I do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. I may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor the performance of a particular page on my website.
I continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use my website or my services further.
3) Information we process for the purposes of legitimate interests
I may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so.
Where I process your information on this basis, I do after having given careful consideration to:
- whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
- whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
- whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so
For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
- record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our business.
- responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response
- protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party
- insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage business risk
- protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so
4) Information we process because we have a legal obligation
We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation.
For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
This may include your personal information.
Specific uses of information you provide to us
5) Information provided on the understanding that it will be shared with a third party
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties.
For example, registering for gallery pages, print companies for products, delivery couriers, for fraud management, to handle complaints and so on.
Here’s the policy we apply to those organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- IT companies who support my website and other business systems.
- Operational companies such as printers and delivery couriers.
Sharing your data with third parties for their own purposes:
We will only do this in very specific circumstances, for example:
- For fraud management, we may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity in our premises or systems. This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies.
- We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take the privacy of our customers into consideration.
- posting a message or comment to a post
- tagging an image
- clicking on an icon next to another visitor’s message to convey your agreement, disagreement or thanks
In posting personal information, it is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might use it.
I do store it, and I reserve a right to use it in the future in any way I decide.
Once your information enters the public domain, I have no control over what any individual third party may do with it. I accept no responsibility for their actions at any time.
Provided your request is reasonable and there is no legal basis for me to retain it, then at our discretion we may agree to your request to delete personal information that you have posted. You can make a request by contacting me at email@example.com.
6) Information relating to your method of payment
Payment information is never taken by me or transferred to me either through our website or otherwise. Neither myself nor any contractors never have access to it.
At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of PayPal or some other reputable payment service provider. That page may be branded to look like a page on our website, but it is not controlled by us.
Alternatively, payments can be paid via cash or bank transfer, in which your payment details will not necessary.
7) Sending a message to me
When you contact me, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, I collect the data you have given to me in order to reply with the information you need.
I record your request and my reply in order to increase the efficiency of my business.
I keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high quality service.
When I receive a complaint, I record all the information you have given to me. I use that information to resolve your complaint.
If your complaint reasonably requires me to contact some other person, I may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. I do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for my sole discretion as to whether I do give information, and if I do, what that information is.
I may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
9) Affiliate and business partner information
This is information given to me by you in your capacity as an affiliate of me or as a business partner.
It allows me to recognise visitors or customers that you have referred to me, and to credit to you commission, if due, for such referrals. It also includes information that allows me to transfer commission to you.
The information is not used for any other purpose.
I undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship.
We expect any affiliate or partner to agree to reciprocate this policy.
Use of information we collect through automated systems when you visit our website
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely.
Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
- to track how you use our website
- to record whether you have seen specific messages I display on my website
- to keep you signed into the gallery pages on my site.
11) Personal identifiers from your browsing activity
Requests by your web browser to my servers for web pages and other content on my website are recorded.
I record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. I also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
I use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on my website and how I perform in providing content to you.
If combined with other information I know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to my website.
Disclosure and sharing of your information
12) Information we obtain from third parties
Although I do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), I sometimes receive data that is indirectly made up from your personal information from third parties whose services we use. No such information is personally identifiable to you.
13) Data may be processed outside the European Union
My website is hosted in the United Kingdom. The gallery pages are hosted in the United States of America, the company used for this is fully GDPR compliant. I may also use outsourced services in countries outside the European Union from time to time in other aspects of my business.
Accordingly data obtained within the UK or any other country could be processed outside the European Union.
Access to your own information
14) Access to your personal information
At any time you may review or update personally identifiable information that I hold about you, by contacting me at firstname.lastname@example.org
After receiving the request, I will tell you when I expect to provide you with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
15) Removal of your information
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from my database, you may contact me at email@example.com. This may limit the service I can provide to you.
21) Verification of your information
When I receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information I shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
22) Use of services by children
I do not sell products or provide services for purchase by children, nor do I market to children.
If you are under 18, you may use my website and gallery pages, only with consent from a parent or guardian
I collect data about all users of and visitors to these areas regardless of age, and I anticipate that some of those users and visitors will be children.
Such child users and visitors will inevitably visit other parts of the site and will be subject to whatever on-site marketing they find, wherever they visit.
How you can complain
If a dispute is not settled then I hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with me in a process of mediation or arbitration.
If you are in any way dissatisfied about how I process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
23) Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, I keep your personal information only for as long as required by me:
- to provide you with the services you have requested;
- to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
- to support a claim or defence in court.
24) Compliance with the law
However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use my website and gallery pages.
I may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on my website on the day you use my website. I advise you to print a copy for your records.
Privacy Notice last updated 24 May 2018